Tawa Burger, or premium tawa burger is a dish Hyderabad has seen getting famous in the recent months. This burger is easy on the pocket, yet tastes fantastic. A cross between Masala Pav and Cheese Pav Bhaji, the cheesy veggie masala along with soft burger buns taste absolutely amazing. Whether you’re craving for some Indian street food, or just some indian cuisine, this one ticks all the right boxes.
Detailed Recipe :
Butter – 2 tbsp.
Garlic – 5-6 cloves (chopped)
Green Chili – 2-3 (chopped)
Capsicum – ½ (chopped)
Onions – 2 (chopped)
Salt – to season
Tomato – 2 (roughly chopped)
Carrot – 1 (chopped, parboiled)
Potato – 1 (chopped, parboiled)
French Beans – 4 (chopped, parboiled)
Paneer – 100g
Cheese Cubes / Processed Cheese – 5 / 125g
Coriander leaves : 2 tbsp (chopped)
Masala Paste :
Sesame – 2 tbsp
Coriander Seeds – ½ tsp
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
Kasoori Methi – ½ tsp
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp (heaped)
Amchoor Powder / Chat Masala – 1 tsp (heaped)
Sugar – ¼ tsp
Schezwan Chutney – 1 tsp
To finish the recipe : Butter – 2 tbsp
Leftover masala paste / Schezwan Chutney – 1 tbsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
1. In a large tawa / kadhai, heat up the butter. Add in garlic, green chili onions, capsicum.
2. Season well with salt, and cook until onions start getting golden.
3. In the meanwhile, make a spice paste using all the ingredients mentioned under masala paste and a little bit of water.
4. Add in the tomatoes to the tawa, along with the parboiled veggies and paneer.
5. Mash & cook the veggies until they come together, and is cooked.
6. Add in all the masala paste, and the cheese cubes and mix well.
7. Add some water to mellow the mixture down, and cook well. Finally, add some coriander leaves and keep the mixture aside.
8. Take a burger bun, and slice horizontally, ¾ way through. Fill the veggie mixture, and keep aside.
9. Heat up a pan, add in a tsp of butter, a touch of masala paste and a sprinkle of coriander leaves. Roast the burger on its’ sides and serve it up!
Website: http://www.cookingshooking.com | http://www.cookingshooking.in