How to Make Easy Fish Tacos | The Stay At Home Chef
More Great Recipes: https://goo.gl/TreySb
__________↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK FOR RECIPE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ ______________
This Baja Fish Taco Recipe is super easy to make, healthy, and full of flavor. Your family will love this Mexican favorite!
What is a Baja-style fish taco?
Baja style fish tacos are a regional style of taco found in San Diego and the Baja region of Mexico, just south of San Diego. This kind of fish taco is either grilled or fried and topped with either a creamy or vinegar based slaw.
What is the best fish for fish tacos?
Any white ocean fish will work great for fish tacos. Some common options are mahi mahi, flounder, snapper, grouper, halibut, and cod.
1 pound white fish (mahi mahi, flounder, tilapia, grouper, etc)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper
1/2 red onion, diced
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
1/2 cup guacamole (optional)
2 limes, quartered
8 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
1. Combine the olive oil, lime juice, and chili powder in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Place the fish in a shallow dish (like a glass cake pan). Pour the marinade over the fish. Sprinkle the jalapeno and cilantro over it and let it marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the slaw and toppings. To make slaw, toss shredded cabbage with red wine vinegar in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add in fish and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Actual cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fillet. The fish is done when it can easily be flaked with a fork.
5. Compile your tacos with fish, cabbage slaw, a little onion, tomato, cilantro and guacamole and a squirt of lime juice.
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to push “LIKE,” leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too.
PRINTABLE RECIPE: https://thestayathomechef.com/fish-tacos/
SUBSCRIBE to my channel: http://youtube.com/thestayhomechef
FACEBOOK: The Stay At Home Chef
PINTEREST: The Stay At Home Chef
CONTACT ME: email@example.com
The Stay At Home Chef offers restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. If you want to become a better cook, learn how to cook, or just need dinner ideas for your family, this channel is for you. We’re taking really good recipes and making them easy recipes that you can make at home in your own kitchen. Cooking, baking, how to, all things food, and more!
MORE RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY:
How to Make The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake: https://goo.gl/2waAay
How to Make The Most Amazing White Cake: https://goo.gl/B4Lk4y
How to Make The Most Amazing Lasagna: https://goo.gl/TreySb
How to Make The Best Homemade Dinner Rolls: https://goo.gl/ETQguR
How to Make Authentic Carne Asada: https://goo.gl/ZrXKkg
How to Cook a Thick Cut Pork Chop: https://goo.gl/PWWV5h