Fish are friends not food! We’re sure that you’ll find these fabulous No Fish Tofu Tacos inspired by Disney ♦ Pixar’s Finding Nemo worth crossing the sea for.
Enjoy this easy recipe from our friends at Magic of Healthy Living.
SUBSCRIBE to get notified when new Disney Insider videos are posted: http://di.sn/SubscribeInsider
Get more from Disney!
Disney YouTube: http://di.sn/SubscribeDisney
Like Disney: http://Facebook.com/Disney
Follow Disney: http://Twitter.com/Disney
Disney Tumblr: http://disney.tumblr.com/
Disney Google+: http://plus.google.com/+Disney/posts
Disney Instagram: http://Instagram.com/Disney
Finding Nemo inspired Nemo’s No Fish Tofu Tacos Recipe
• 12.3 oz firm tofu, one package
• 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup green cabbage, shredded
• 1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
• 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
• 1 bunch cilantro; 3 tbsp chopped and 3 tbsp picked
• 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
• 6 lime wedges
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1 tsp cumin
• 8 corn tortillas
• 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut tofu into 4 square slabs and press with a towel to remove excess water. Cut tofu with a fish-shaped cookie cutter and place into a baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the chopped cilantro, garlic, olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Mixed until combined and then marinate the fish-shaped tofu in the mixture for 10 minutes.
4. Next, bread each tofu fish in panko breadcrumbs. Make sure to press the tofu down into the panko to stick. Return the tofu to your baking dish and bake in a preheated 375° degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, mix your cabbages, hand-picked cilantro and carrots with the juice of 2 lime wedges, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
6. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, cumin and the juice of 2 lime wedges.
7. Now assemble your tacos. On a warm tortilla, lay down your shredded cabbage slaw, place one crispy tofu fish on top and then drizzle with the yogurt cumin sauce and a give a squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Servings: 4 (2 tacos per serving)