Asian Style Street Tacos | Grilled Street Tacos with Shane Draper from Grilla Grills
For more barbecue and grilling recipes visit: http://howtobbqright.com/
Shane Draper stopped by to share 3 different Asian Style Street Taco recipes with me.
He cooked a Steak Taco, Tuna Taco and a Rib Taco. I have to say, these we’re some pretty good street tacos – they were all different and all had an Asian influence.
Steak Street Tacos Recipe
– 2 ribeyes at least 1in thick
– 4 tbs Togarashi
– 3 tbs Eel sauce
– Rub ribeyes with Togarashi
– Grill Ribeyes until desired doneness
– Brush the ribeyes with 2 tbs of the eel sauce while resting
– Slice ribeyes as thin
– Toss sliced meat with remaining eel sauce
– 1/2lb asparagus
– 3 tbs sesame oil
– 2 tbs togarashi
– Wash and dry the asparagus
– Cut off the thick stalk of the asparagus
– Toss in the oil
– Dust with togarashi
– Cook on the grill until tender
– Remove from grill, cut into bite sized pieces
– 2 ears fresh corn
– 1/4 cup Mayo
– 1 tbs Ponzu
– 2 tbs Togarashi
– Prepare corn for cooking to include stripping husk and removing silk.
– Stir together mayo and ponzu
– Paint mixture on the corn
– Dust with Togarashi
– Cook on grill until kernels are softened, some char is great.
– Slice corn off of the cob set aside for tacos.
Tuna Street Tacos Recipe
– 1/4 cup ponzu sauce
– 1 tablespoon mirin
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
– 1/2 cup sesame seeds
– In a small bowl, stir together the ponzu sauce, mirin, honey and sesame oil.
– Spread the sesame seeds out on a plate. Coat the tuna steaks with the sauce mixture, then press into the sesame seeds to coat.
– Oil the cooking grates well or using a cast iron cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot. Place steaks in the pan, and sear for about 30 seconds on each side.. If cooking on a grill use Grill Grates at a temp of at least 500 degrees and sear for 1min each side.
– Slice the tuna into slices and brush with remaining sauce mixture.
Wasabi Guacamole Recipe:
– 2 ripe Hass avocados peeled and chopped
– 1 small onion, finely diced
– 1 tomato, finely diced
– 3 tablespoons ponzu sauce (lime)
– 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
– 1-2 teaspoon wasabi powder
– 1 green onion, thinly sliced
– chopped fresh cilantro
Wasabi Guacamole Directions:
– Use a fork to mash the avocados in a large bowl. Stir in the hard cooked eggs, onion, tomato, lime juice, pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and wasabi powder. Mix well; taste, and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
– Place guacamole in serving bowl, and garnish with green onion and cilantro. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
Ponzu Cucumbers & Onions Recipe:
– 2 Cucumber
– 1/2 Onion
– 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
– Sesame Seeds
– 1 1/2 tablespoons Ponzu
– 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
Ponzu Cucumbers & Onions Directions:
– Chop onions and cucumbers into bite-sized pieces.
– Mix all other ingredients and submerge onions and cucumbers
– Set in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving
Rib Street Tacos Recipe
For the full recipe on cooking Ribs for Street Tacos, visit: https://youtu.be/_rZeC9qihp8
Rib Glaze Recipe:
– 1 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
– ½ cup Teriyaki Sauce
– 2 tablespoons Gochujang
Asian Slaw Recipe:
– 4 cups shredded red cabbage
– 1/2 cup shredded carrots
– 1/2 cup Kikkoman Lime Ponzu
– 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
– 1/2 cup Mayo
– 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Sesame Oil
– 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
– 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Asian Slaw Directions:
– In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots and cilantro. Whisk together ponzu, sesame oil, mayo and ginger; pour over cabbage mixture and toss together.
For Killer Hogs BBQ Sauce, Rub and Competition BBQ equipment, visit: https://h2qshop.com/