Taco Shells, aromatic, ajwain flavoured Mexican Taco Shells!
Recipe Link: http://www.tarladalal.com/Taco-Shells-39838r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
If you love Mexican food, then your larder has to be equipped with Taco Shells, because tacos can be a wonderfully tasty and satiating answer to hunger pangs, being loaded with beans, cheese, veggies, salsa and all your favourite fillings and toppings! Here is how you can make Taco Shells at home. Although a little time consuming, you can make these aromatic, ajwain flavoured Taco Shells in bulk and store them in an airtight container to use as and when required
Preparation Time: 2 minutes.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes.
Makes 18 taco shells.
1 cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
½ cup plain flour (maida)
1 tbsp oil
½ tsp carom seeds (ajwain), optional
Salt to taste
Oil for deep-frying
Plain flour (maida) for rolling
1. Sieve the maize flour and plain flour together in a deep bowl.
2. Add the oil, carom seeds and salt and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough warm water.
3. Divide the dough into 18 equal portions.
4. Roll out a portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using little plain flour for rolling and prick it with a fork at regular intervals.
5. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry it till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
6. Once it turns light brown, immediately shape it into a shell (‘U’ shape) using a pair of tongs and a frying laddle and continue deep-frying while holding the shell till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain it on an absorbent paper.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 17 more taco shells.
Allow it to cool completely, store in an air-tight container and use as required.